TOP KENYAN ACT ‘KING KANJA’ RELEASES 5-TRACKED EP: “VIBES”

Multi-talented Kenyan artiste King Kanja—the 2017 AFRIMMA Awards nominee in the category of ‘Crossing Boundaries With Music’ has released a new EP titled “VIBES.” 3 of the 5-tracks of the EP feature collaboration.  Chris Searcy’s sweet R&B vocals gel with Kanja’s sultry ride on “Weekend”. In “All my Life”, Kanja delivers an upbeat afro pop track produced by Silvastone. “Mesmerized” featuring Kenyan songstress Ida Longomba is a fast paced club banger where Kanja also enlists Lovy Longomba (formerly of the Longombas): one of Kenya’s pioneer urban artiste turned super producer. Other tracks that make up “VIBES” EP include: “Royal Family” and “Cathy” produced by Willbeatz and Chucky Thompson, respectively.

Speaking on his brand new EP release Kanja says, “Nothing touches an artiste more than the VIBE you give people, and the VIBE you leave someone with. I named my EP VIBES because all the people I’ve met, all the places I’ve been, and all the music I’ve heard left me with a VIBE to share with the world through my music”, revealing “I plan to release a full album soon. I just wanted to give my fans and supporters a project that they can live on and feel while I finish my album.” Kanja confirms that he will be hosting an official launch event for the VIBES EP in USA and Kenya soon!

Kanja is also the executive producer of “VIBES” EP in which he worked closely with the legendary hip hop and R&B producer Chucky Thompson, who has previously produced for the likes of Usher, NAS, P. Diddy, Mary J. Blige, Busta Rhymes, Faith Evans and The Notorious B.I.G. Chucky has produced 2 of the 5 songs on the VIBES EP.

Off the 5 tracks, Kanja has already released the videos of two of his smash singles “Cathy” and “Weekend” and is working on the new video for his afrobeat smash hit “Royal Family” produced by US based Cameroonian producer WILL BEATZ. The video is set to be shot in DC, Maryland, and Virginia and will be directed by one of the biggest directors in the U.S right now, and Kanja’s former mentor Shomi Patwary. 

WEEKEND Official Video YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVez66yVn3g
CATHY Official Video YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_GCFdNpl78
King Kanja performing All My Life for Kenya Ambassador to the U.S: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlWtH0457cs&feature=youtu.be

Kanja is best known for dabbling a career in music between Kenya and USA. He is currently on an U.S tour, where he has met a number of high profile African music acts like Victoria Kimani, DJ Poizon Ivy and Peter of P-Square. He also attended AFRIMA Awards where he was a nominee this year. He says, “I’ve been blessed to work closely with Peter from P-square as I just helped him close a distribution deal for his label in San Francisco with Empire Distribution.”

No comments

anonymous